The goal in coaching is winning! The Northwest Coaching can help you and your teams achieve your goals one win at a time.
Our coaches tailor instruction to the candidate and their goals. We match each candidate to a coach that has the background and experience that gives them advantages in understanding the interests, motivations, and needs of their coaching client and that can assist them in navigating through their specific circumstances to implement changes.
The Right Coach
The right coach makes the difference! Collectively our veteran coaching team has over 100 year’s business, professional, and coaching experience. Each member is qualified and equipped to offer our coaching clients the analysis, framework, and tools needed to improve leadership capacity, prepare for additional responsibility, or implement changes that are critical to a more successful and satisfying career and business.
Coaching Gets Results
This program is designed for managers, executives, business owners, and leaders. No matter what level of responsibility coaching gets results. Coaching helps accelerate learning, improve critical thinking skills, improve interactions within a team and increase self-awareness.
The Northwest Coaching Group utilizes a custom approach to coaching that has resulted in success for hundreds of clients. We help clients to discover their blind spots and build on strengths. Along the way we guide clients through real situations and circumstances that allow them to practice new skills. Each client has a direct connection to their coach throughout the duration of the arrangement and can draw on that relationship as the need arises for guidance, support, and feedback.
Coaching Changes Everything
Our clients engage us for a variety of reasons. All of them involve the need to grow or change. Here are a few of the most common requests:
- Creating a vision
- Advancing in career ~ changing responsibilities
- More effective communication
- Influencing and negotiating
- Role modeling
- Performance management
- Feedback and coaching employees
- Strategic thinking
- Planning and accountability
- Shifting from “doing” to “managing”
- Shifting from “managing” to “leading”
- Executive level decision making speed and style
- Motivating others
We also offer the following group presentations and workshops:
- Cultivating leaders for the future – team coaching
- Coaching for performance – manager coach training
- Understanding human behaviors and responses
- Strategic planning – teams and individuals
The Coaching Process
While we stress the customized nature of this program it always includes these components:
- Introduction to the process
- Creating a relationship – establish goals and measurements
- Reflection and assessment – skill and management assessments
- Optional: Peer reviews and interviews
- Regularly scheduled coaching meetings (6-12)
- Reflecting on situations and circumstances
- Exploring insights
- Ask pertinent and powerful questions that stimulate new ways of thinking as well as new ways of being as a leader and individual.
- Throughout the program – practice the skills; examine the outcomes; feedback and adjustments through direct communication without blame or judgment –using real situations and events.
- Design and create action plans to further progress or overcome roadblocks.
- Manage progress.
- Report on progress and determine next steps.
Connecting Your Way
We offer a variety of ways to connect including in person at our main location in Portland, Oregon, by phone, internet, or video service.
Let’s Get Started
Are you ready to get started? If so, here is what you can expect as you begin:
- Sponsor Meeting (if sponsored by a manager or business) – 1 or two meetings – 60-120 mintues- to determine:
- General goals
- Commitment to sponsor the candidate
- Sharing of information
- Establish a date to meet with the candidate
- Candidate Meeting – in person with the coaching candidate– 75 minutes. This meeting follows the Sponsorship Meeting and is intended to:
- Gather background on the candidate
- Build foundation for the relationship
- Share the goals established by sponsor
- Add any goals the candidate desires
- Outline the timeline for the project
- Set expectations
- Gain the candidate’s commitment to move forward
- Submission of recommendation and agreement for approval. This will include recommendations for assessments, length of the engagement, price.
In addition to tools created by our highly qualified coaches The Northwest Coaching Group, Inc. utilizes and is an independent consultant for the Hogan Assessments, the world’s premier authority in personality assessment, Talent Today, and the Strong Interest Inventory. We provide a robust product line that transforms psychometric assessment questions into results for your talent management needs. We take pride in the depth of measurement offered in our products and provide a multitude of report offerings combined with consulting support to help you get the most predictable power from our assessments. Reports are ordered and prepared based on need.